Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 10-Day 14

Somehow, as many of you know, Lake Superior is a very special place to me...and helps me feel just that much closer to God.

I woke up Saturday morning with a bit of dread, not knowing what the day would hold for our family, but when I looked out the hotel window after getting out of bed.....wow! I knew God was here with us at 'my lake' and would hold us up whatever the day would bring! Only one word can describe how I felt....awesome!

The picture isn't the greatest since there was a screen on the window...but I just knew that this was my picture for the day....and a reminder that we are not alone through all of this!

After spending the morning at the hospital and talking with various doctors, Wes' parents decided that the best option for treating Doug's brain tumor will be radio laser surgery. We're praying that the procedure will go well, that God will be with the surgeons and guiding them through the process, and that Doug will regain some of his speech and feeling in his right hand.

If all goes well, this will hopefully be done before the end of next week. Thank you so much for all of you that are not only praying for Doug and Carol, but for praying for Wes, myself, and the kids....your support means the world to us!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is SO beautiful! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish I could have 'popped' the screen off the window in our hotel room....but since we were on the 3rd floor, that probably wasn't an option! lol

    Of course, after the beautiful sunrise...I realized that it would have been only a handful of steps to get to the back of the hotel to take some photos.

    But the hotel was under construction and I wasn't sure I wanted to venture too far outside when it was so cold out!

    Oh well....at least I was able to capture the moment for my 365 project and album! lol

    ReplyDelete