Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January 23-Day 27

Friday was a fun afternoon catching up with my "Kivi" relatives at the hotel. Uncle Ray even thought enough to pick up some reading material for my flight back to Minnesota and gave me a current issue of the 'dreaded yellow book'! lol Don't worry...paybacks will be fun with this one!

Go Blllluueee! The Air Force Falcons won the game tonight against Army, 5-1. Had a lot of fun at the game....I used to love going to watch the North Stars at the old Met Center in the cities with my dad when I was a kid!

My second (or is he third?!) cousin, Mike Phillipich (#19), is the captain of the hockey team...so that made the game that much more fun! We've been emailing a bit back and forth trying to get to know one another again...after we determined it had been years since we had seen each other 'up north' when he made a few trips with his Grandpa Tony to visit my Grandpa Phil, who are brothers.

Was a late night at the hotel after the game....who would have guessed the conversation would revolve around pie pants, podunk, and packsackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment